Wednesday 15 August 2007

About the title

Like Nicole, one of the most inspiring blogs I've read, I'm starting in the middle. I've already lost quite a bit of weight. 22% of my starting weight, in fact. I've done it by eating sensibly, getting exercise and having huge quantities of therapy. And the title comes from a therapy insight. That, by losing weight, I am getting closer and closer to just being Normal. Regular. An ordinary size, not someone who stands out. These are good things, in one sense. But also, Normal means not being some kind of food-eating-hero anymore. Accepting that I have limits, that I can't do everything, take in everything, take on everything. That, crucially, sometimes (quite often) I have had enough. Like everyone else in the world, there is such a thing as "enough" for me. And while I'm not quite ready to say that that's great and wonderful and peachy and awesome, I'm getting there. Just starting to embrace it. It's a journey.

No comments: